A good planning ahead of your health care visit will make your trip and stay more relaxing
without facing any hassles and delays…
Chaophya Hospital International Patient Center:
The Center is the one and only contact point that you will need for planning your visit to the hospital.
You can contact the center by
Email: email@example.com or call +662-434-1111 Ext 2434 to talk to our International Patient Coordinator.
Please send your past and present medical records (if you have any) to our International Patient Center. This is to assist our doctors in pre-arranging your health care services which in some cases may require special investigations and tests.
Our International Patient Care Coordinator will make appointment with the appropriate doctor whose specialty is specific to your health care needs, or with the doctor of your choice.
Generally, foreign national who wishes to enter Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General with the following exceptions:
They are nationals of countries exempted from visa requirements when entering Thailand
for tourism purposes for a period not exceeding 30 days.
They are nationals of countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of ordinary passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 14, 30 and 90 days.See List B below
They are nationals of certain countries and territories that can apply for Visa on Arrival at the immigration counter, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok. They are permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 15 days.See List C below
LIST A : TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION
- Passport holders from 41 countries and 1 special administrative region - Hong Kong SAR - are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days on each visit. If such foreigners enter the Kingdom at the immigration checkpoints which border neighboring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time.
- Please note that Tourist Visa Exemption does not apply to foreigners holding Travel Document for Aliens issued by these countries.
- Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must possess adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand (i.e., cash 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family).
- 1. Australia : Commonwealth of Australia
- 2. Austria : Republic of Austria
- 3. Belgium : Kingdom of Belgium
- 4. Brazil : Federative Republic of Brazil (****)
- 5. Bahrain : State of Bahrain
- 6. Brunei Darussalam : Negara Brunei Darussalam
- 7. Canada
- 8. Denmark : Kingdom of Denmark
- 9. Finland : Republic of Finland
- 10. France : French Republic
- 11. Germany : Federal Republic of Germany
- 12. Greece : Hellenic Republic
- 13. Hong Kong : Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 14. Iceland : Republic of Iceland
- 15. Indonesia : Republic of Indonesia
- 16. Ireland : Republic of Ireland
- 17. Israel : State of Israel
- 18. Italy : Republic of Italy
- 19. Japan
- 20. Korea : Republic of Korea (****)
- 21. Kuwait : State of Kuwait
- 22. Luxembourg : Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- 23. Malaysia
- 24. Monaco : Principality of Monaco
- 25. Netherlands : Kingdom of the Netherlands
- 26. New Zealand
- 27. Norway : Kingdom of Norway
- 28. Oman : Sultanate of Oman
- 29. Peru : Republic of Peru (****)
- 30. Philippines : Republic of the Philippines
- 31. Portugal : Republic of Portugal
- 32. Qatar : State of Qatar
- 33. Singapore : Republic of Singapore
- 34. Spain : Kingdom of Spain
- 35. South Africa : Republic of South Africa
- 36. Sweden : Kingdom of Sweden
- 37. Switzerland : Swiss Confederation
- 38. Turkey : Republic of Turkey
- 39. United Arab Emirates
- 40. United Kingdom : United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- 41. United States of America
- 42. Vietnam : Socialist Republic of Vietnam
(****)Thailand holds bilateral agreements on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, official and ordinary passports for a visit of not exceeding 90 days with Brazil, the Republic of Korea and Peru. Therefore, nationals of these 3 countries are exempted from visa requirements and are permitted to enter and stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days.
LIST B :
Countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of ordinary passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 14, 30 and 90 days
- 1. Combodia
- 1. Hong Kong
- 2. Laos
- 3. Macau
- 4. Mongolia
- 5. Russia
- 6. Vietnam
- 1. Argentina
- 2. Brazil
- 3. Chile
- 4. Republic of Korea
- 5. Peru
NB : Nationals of countries which hold Agreements on Visa Exemption Requirements with Thailand intending to work or stay in Thailand beyond the agreed bilateral arrangement must apply for an appropriate visa before entry into Thailand in order to submit the application for work or stay permit.
List C: Countries that are granted Visa on Arrival.
According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 28 countries and territories may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.
- The applicant must possess means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.
- The applicant must possess a passport with at least six-month validity and must present full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry
- Applicants should submit the application form duly filled out and to which his/her recent photograph (4 x 6 cm) is attached. The application fee is 1,000 Baht.
-Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210. Tel 0-2141-9889 or at website http://www.immigration.go.th
List of countries and territories is as follows :
- 1. Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan
- 2. China : People's Republic of China
- 3. Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus
- 4. Czech : Czech Republic
- 5. Estonia : Republic of Estonia
- 6. Hungary : Republic of Hungary
- 7. India : Republic of India
- 8. Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan
- 9. Latvia : Republic of Latvia
- 10. Liechtenstein : Principality of Liechtenstein
- 11. Lithuania : Republic of Lithuania
- 12. Maldives : Republic of Maldives
- 13. Mauritius : Republic of Mauritius
- 14. Oman : Sultanate of Oman
- 15. Poland : Republic of Poland
- 16. Russian Federation
- 17. Saudi Arabia : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- 18. Slovakia : Slovak Republic
- 19. Slovenia : Republic of Slovenia
- 20. Uzbekistan
- 21. Ukraine
- 22. Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- 23. Taiwan
- 24. Bulgaria
- 25. Andorra
- 26. Malta
- 27. Romania
- 28. San Marino
Back to top
113/44 Borommrachachonnee Rd.
Bangkoknoi Bangkok 10700 , Thailand.